Listen to ProntoJazz on SoundCloud
Watch Pronto Swing in action at a dance gig
Watch the Hot Jazz Vagabonds
Follow ProntoJazz on Youtube
- Join Pronto for some family friendly jazz at the Riverhouse Barn, Sunday 17th June!
- A swinging Sunday gig….along with a Teddy Bear’s Picnic at the Riverhouse Arts Centre!
- Last minute Duo Gig at fabulous new jazz venue- Jazz on the Hill this Sunday lunchtime 8th July
- Two gigs in one week at Jazz on the Hill..!
- 31 Dec 2011 8:00pm 31st December, New Year’s Eve Party
- 04 May 2012 12:00am 50th Birthday Party- Friday May 4th
- 11 May 2012 7:30pm Pronto Jazz at the Candlelight Club- Friday May 11th
- 12 May 2012 7:30pm Pronto Jazz at the Candlelight Club- Sat May 12th
- 17 Jun 2012 11:30am Riverhouse Arts Centre, Sunday Lunch Gig- 17th June
Join us at Stoke Newington’s newest Balboa live band social dance- the “Stokey Stomp”. We’re looking forward to playing 2 sets of hot swinging gypsy jazz to keep you shuffling and bal-swinging to your heart’s content! A dream we hope for Balboa dancers!
Line-up for this gig: Airlie Scott on Jazz Vocals, Alan Gibson on Double Bass, Peter Michaels on guitar and David Ahmed on guitar.
Established London-based jazz musicians present a hot jazz sandwich of french chanson, gypsy jazz tunes, early swing, Latin tunes and exciting originals.
Jazz Vocalist Airlie plays regularly with her bands Pronto Swing and Pronto Jazz (www.prontojazz.com). They recently had a successful run at the Edinburgh Fringe with their show “Swing from the Movies”. She sings regularly with various London based jazz combos including Minnie and the Moochers, the Mardi Gras Jazz Band, the Julian Cowie Quartet and others.
Peter Michaels has a unique performance style influenced by his classical and flamenco guitar training combined with contemporary and jazz influences. He is involved in a number of long-term projects featuring his compositions and arrangements, including London’s Brazilian Balkan band Pocket Caravan, North African/mediterranean band Melange, Bis-bas, the Matzoh Boys and Bhavini. www.petermichaels.net
Guitarist David Ahmed plays in the Hotclub style of Django Reinhardt and the Gypsies,fiery and melodic. Emotionalism is the essence of his style; it is acoustic, aural and non-academic. A Londoner, David plays the Gypsy Jazz circuit, jazz clubs, swing dances and vintage festivals.