Listen to ProntoJazz on SoundCloud
Watch Pronto Swing in action at a dance gig
Watch the Hot Jazz Vagabonds
Follow ProntoJazz on Youtube
- Join Pronto for some family friendly jazz at the Riverhouse Barn, Sunday 17th June!
- A swinging Sunday gig….along with a Teddy Bear’s Picnic at the Riverhouse Arts Centre!
- Last minute Duo Gig at fabulous new jazz venue- Jazz on the Hill this Sunday lunchtime 8th July
- Two gigs in one week at Jazz on the Hill..!
- 31 Dec 2011 8:00pm 31st December, New Year’s Eve Party
- 04 May 2012 12:00am 50th Birthday Party- Friday May 4th
- 11 May 2012 7:30pm Pronto Jazz at the Candlelight Club- Friday May 11th
- 12 May 2012 7:30pm Pronto Jazz at the Candlelight Club- Sat May 12th
- 17 Jun 2012 11:30am Riverhouse Arts Centre, Sunday Lunch Gig- 17th June
Established London-based jazz musicians debuting a new project together. A hot jazz sandwich of french chanson, gypsy jazz tunes, early swing, & Latin tunes.
Jazz vocalist and actress Airlie Scott is excited to be working on this project with fabulous musicians Peter Michaels and Shirley Smart. Airlie often brings her Pronto Swing band to the Bull’s Head, Barnes (www.prontojazz.com). They recently had a successful run at the Edinburgh Fringe with their show “Swing from the Movies”. She gigs regularly with various London based jazz combos.
Cellist and composer, Shirley Smart is a jazz/world music specialist and has been described as “one of the best improvising cellists in the UK” (The JazzMann). She performs regularly with her own jazz trio, with her critically acclaimed world music band “Melange”, runs the “Beyond Cello” course for the London Cello Society and works in many other projects and as a session musician. www.shirleysmart.com
Peter Michaels has a unique performance style influenced by his classical and flamenco guitar training combined with contemporary and jazz influences. He is involved in a number of long-term projects featuring his compositions and arrangements, including London’s Brazilian Balkan band Pocket Caravan, North African/mediterranean band Melange, Bis-bas, the Matzoh Boys and Bhavini. www.petermichaels.net